pennsicdance: Dance Suggestions

Patches023 at aol.com Patches023 at aol.com
Wed Aug 24 19:50:13 PDT 2005

In a message dated 8/24/2005 7:06:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
waks at comcast.net writes:
> Next, I think that the 'dance parties' should be ditched.  Even though
> we try to get the word out that everyone is invited, it still seems
> like a private thing to many outsiders.

Interesting. It hadn't occurred to me, but I can see folks thinking that
that term implies a sort of exclusivity. (To many people, you need an
invitation to come to a "party".) That's a good point, and implies that
we should think about our terminology.

Several of the parties are exclusive when it comes to musicians.  20% of the
time Maug was turned away.

I would like to reiterate what others have said about bringing the dance
"camps" together.  I don't know how to come up with an acceptable middle ground,
but I would be very supportive of some sort of merger.

YIS,
Patches

http://www.marylandfaeriefestival.org/

look for us next year