pennsicdance: Time for class proposals!

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Wed Mar 23 19:15:25 PST 2005

Hi all! I've got three related things to go over, so bear with me a little
bit ;-)

1. Thanks to the hard work of THL Filip of the Marche, the Pennsic European
Dance page is open for business at http://pennsicdance.aands.org/ Class
proposals can be submitted directly on the page until the deadline of May
1st. The dance webhosting (in addition to this list) are courtesy of Master
Gregory Blount.
	A couple points:
* Anything submitted is a proposal only, no guarantee that there will be
space on the schedule (but I will try my best to make sure people can teach
the classes that they want)
* Along those lines, I would be pleased to have so many proposals that I
have to take on the difficult job of paring some down (it hasn't happened yet).
* The May 1st deadline is unfortunately hard and fast (the Pennsic onsite
book is a big project, and we're just one "chapter" of it, and I've got to
get our chapter in like every other department)
* If there's not enough coverage of classes in some areas, I might plead on
this list for people to put together proposals
* Feel free to discuss ideas for evening ball/dance party ideas here, and
submit proposals directly to me.

2. THL Adele Desfontaines has graciously offered to be in charge of the
floor yet again! Let's all give her our thanks, from the top of our heart
to the bottom of our feet ;-)

3. Finally, with my new job, there is no way that I can be the Pennsic
Coordinator in 2006, and I'm going to be looking out to help anyone who
wants to fill my shoes as of the end of this Pennsic. I don't make the
decisions on who gets to be Coordinator (that's the Cultural Affairs
department's call), but I can help anyone better understand what this
position entails. I'd like to finish up with a really great Pennsic that's
fun for every dancer, and to do that I'll need your help. So whether you
teach, help put the floor together, convince a friend to go to a dance
class, or even offer to fill the water cooler -- all that help is very much
appreciated.

Yay dancing! -Maestro Lyev Davidovitch