pennsicdance: New Pennsic dance class ideas?

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Fri Sep 10 06:56:47 PDT 2004

Hi all,
	There was alot of interest in teaching classes that were new for next year
(keep in mind one of the big topics of discussion on this list last year
was how to make dance classes for eglitarian, and easier to access for
people that were newer). Here are some ideas for classes that build on
existing knowledge, and thus would be "advanced". If anyone else has class
suggestions that they'd like to see taught, please post them.

Italian galliards: Students should be competent in the basic galliard from
Arbeau. (Henry taught a fine intro to galliards class last Pennsic, this
class idea would build on it from Caroso and Negri, maybe including
practice on the tassle kicks, heck that could be a whole class in itself)

Canario variants: Builds on Lowrie's class

An Italian ballo that has a galliard and a canario section (see how this
ties in to the above)

La Caccia d'Amore: The whole dance taught in one class period (parts of it
are taught as intro dances, I'd like to see the whole thing taught, assumes
you know the names of Italian 16c steps)

Now the 64,000 florin question -- has anyone done reconstructions of the
above and is willing to teach at Pennsic? Would anyone want to start
reconstructions of the above? (I'm doing my own research, happy to share
notes if you want) -Lyev