pennsicdance: beginners/advanced classes

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Sat Sep 4 02:33:21 PDT 2004

Lowrie writes:

<<Also, if the ball prep classes consistently run late, then maybe it should be made longer, and scheduled from 3 to 5 pm, perhaps even alternating teachers to not tire out one person.>>

One of the reasons that it was (originally) put in the 4-6 slot was so that it could run as long as necessary. On average, we ended ball prep at 6:30pm.  As a side note, during the last hour of ball prep, we always do one more complicated "advanced" dance from the ball list, nearly always something 16th. c. Italian, though sometimes something 15th c. Italian.
   Personally, I think it is a good idea to use the in between time (atfer ball pre, before official evening activity) for an advanced dance rehearsal/practice/whatever.  My only conern was that it would limit the ball prep's flexibility, which has always been a big bonus of the ball prep classes.
   And I *never* get tired teaching dance.  I could probably teach dance for ten hours a day, and as long as I got food somewhere in there, I would not get the vaguest bit tired.  But thanks for the concern, Lowrie. :-)
   Adele is also right: Ball prep only runs the four days leading up to the Pennsic Ball! :)