pennsicdance: beginners/advanced classes

Judithsca at aol.com Judithsca at aol.com
Thu Sep 2 13:35:13 PDT 2004

Lyev writes:

<<One other thing to remember is that only a few instructors listed their
class as either beginners/intermediate/advanced in the description. There's
also a tendency not to label things as advanced for scaring off potential
students.>>

I definitely do this; with my bassa danza classes, the material provided could interest either a beginner or a more experienced dancer.  Besides which, it is sometimes hard to determine what "advanced" really means.  For some people, an advanced dance is one that requries lots of memory usage, whereas for others, it involves having to learn difficult footwork, or any actual footwork at all.  One of the reasons that I use the term "experienced" rather than "advanced".