pennsicdance: beginners/advanced classes

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 09:22:29 PDT 2004

One other thing to remember is that only a few instructors listed their
class as either beginners/intermediate/advanced in the description. There's
also a tendency not to label things as advanced for scaring off potential
students.

So what does constitute an advanced class?  I labeled my second Buffons
class as advanced, since you needed to take the first class or have a
background in the dance (it built on class one). But what about other
dances that presuppose a knowledge of the basics of the genre (i.e. steps
and tempo).

Would Saint Martin's be considered an advanced dance? What about Bella
Gioioso? Parson's Farewell? Gracca Amoroso? The Canary?

Here's a project for the people who have some spare time -- I'd be curious
to have a list of all the dances that were taught at Pennsic. -Lyev