pennsicdance: Brainstormin' in the Rain

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 08:58:59 PDT 2004

At 10:06 PM 9/1/2004, Elena wrote:
>Which was what I had hoped for.  As an aside my knight, who DOES NOT
>DANCE, came, had a great time, and is now a fan of the pinwheel game which
>I shall be making sure we dance here in Trimaris.  I think that sort of
>thing is what I want in a party, and it helps some of our non-dancing
>guests enjoy the ambiance.  I was sorry that so few of us played the games
>at Judith's party.

Oh, that was *your* knight ;-) Glad he had a fun time. And thanks to
Katherine for showing us all part 2 of La Caccia!

>>>3.  On that same note of keeping parties moving, it might help if party
>>>organizers double
>>>check to see that the dances on their lists are in the Pile.
>
>My bad.  I shall make sure that doesn't happen again. :(

No, that was my bad as the Maestro d'Ballo. Not all the desired pieces got
into the pile on time, and if it came to a choice between getting one piece
or another finished in time, I'd request that some of the pieces for my own
functions would get a lower priority, so that it doesn't look like I'm
showing favoritism to myself (if that made sense).

>I shall put in a bid ... right now if Lyev is taking them ... to run a
>16th century part part duex or rather due, on Monday night.  That should
>be late enough that I have a critical mass of 16th century folks, but on a
>night when the Barn is up and functional as an alternative spot.  If that
>meets with general approval.  I have promised to "kick it up a notch" so
>we'll have to see what that means. :D

Well, I'm not taking them yet (still haven't recovered from Pennsic ;-) but
I know that I would be delighted to attend a party as you describe, and it
sounds like a wonderful idea. Thanks again for hosting this year's party! -Lyev