pennsicdance: beginners/advanced classes

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Thu Sep 2 08:35:57 PDT 2004

At 08:41 AM 9/2/2004, Pathces wrote:
>I would like to see more coordination of the day time classes with the
>night time parties.

I've tried to square these two, and any lack of coordination is my own. The
parties later in the week have a bit of an advantage, in that more dances
can be taught by then. Is anyone willing to teach an 8-person English
Country dance class early in the war? I know that If All the World Were
Paper got a good reception when the Saltatoris Guild taught it in their
Intermediate ECD class.

BTW, if you (or anyone else) is looking for a good source of
reconstructions of dance, you might want to try Del's Dance Book:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/del/
Other dance links are on Greg's SCA Dance page:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/dance.html
My favorite online resource for ECD is the transcription of Playford 1 by a
Filip of the Marche that's here:
http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~flip/contrib/dance/playford.html

Later, -Lyev