pennsicdance: 16th-c Italian parties at Pennsic

Courtney Meredith Meredith.Courtney at comverse.com
Thu Sep 2 06:27:31 PDT 2004

Hi:

I too agree that Elena's 16th-c Italian party worked better than
Caroso-style.  My opinion is that we still don't have a large enough
collective knowlege of 16th-c Italian dances for Caroso-style to work, and
we should let 2 or 3 years go by before trying it again.

Of course, I also think that people who volunteer to organize parties get to
run them any way they want to :)

A note for scheduling ... I think the rationale behind putting the 16th-c
Italian party (regardless of its format) on Wednesday night was the idea
that the session with the least mass appeal ought to take the slot opposite
Midnight Madness.

Mara

Meredith Courtney
Comverse