pennsicdance: RE: Pennsic Dance Summary

Craig Shupee' philipwhite at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 13:37:37 PDT 2004

Greetings -

I'd like to add my thanks to Katherine's for all who taught at the War.  I
had a great time and it looked like so did everyone else. I saw some pretty
huge classes and had really good times at evening dance.

Don Lyev - You did an awsome jon and it was really appreciated by everyone -
not just a few.  You did tons of work supporting dance this year - you and
your staff should be thanked many times over.  It really helped all the
pre-planning you did in addition to being avaliable on site.  Both very hard
things to manage and stay current with.  I especially appreciated the
website avalaiblity.

So - I'll admit I am one of those instructors who taught a lot of classes
(admit? hello its in the booklet...). Anyway - I really feel that Pennsic is
the best place for an instructor who wants to do a series of classes to
really have a good oportunity to do it.  Kingdom and Local events dont have
a large enough draw so would be lost.  And KWDS class space is at an even
more premium and during a severly limited time frame.  I looked at Pennsic
as a chance to really cover my theme as best I could - because the more I
worked with it (reconstruction) the more I realized that 1 hour wouldnt cut
it and that I needed some practicum classes.

Post-event - I really think it was worth it, but it was also really hard to
do.  And judging how my classes turned out, I dont think the kind of class
series I taught would have been suitable for any other event.

But, on the other hand, I dont know that I would vollunteer to teach this
many classes if they had not all been within the same concept.  I had only
heard at Pennsic that there were people who were wanting to teach that got
told no, and I hope no one feels that I took a chance to teach away from
them.

But - it was all great fun.

~Philip