pennsicdance: Dance tent stuff

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Thu Aug 5 12:27:22 PDT 2004

FYI, I'll only be checking e-mail occasionally over the next two weeks ;-)

If you are running an evening thing in the tent, here are some things to do
in case I'm not around to shut down:
* Return any chairs borrowed from the A&S area (the Coxcomb Players are
making benches this year, so that they don't have to rely on renting chairs
each year)
* Clean up debris, empty trash
* Turn out the lights and drop the tent flaps

If your class is the first class of the day in the tent (10am) then it
would probably be a good idea to get there 15 minutes early to do the
following housekeeping things:
* Put the tent flaps up
* Take the water cooler to be refilled
* Get my CD player from the trailer

I'm going to try to be there every morning and evening to lend a hand on these.

Finally, this year we're going to set a record with 62 dance classes and
six balls plus evening dancing.  The Pennsic Ball is expected to draw over
200 people. Thank each and every one of you for donating your time and
experience.

The European Dance Coordinator serves the dance community at the pleasure
of the Pennsic Mayor and Deputy Mayor for Cultural Affairs. I haven't
decided if I'm going to ask to do this next year. If you would really like
to run dance then please talk to me during Pennsic.

-Lyev