pennsicdance: Fan for dance tent

Philip Edward Lewis flip+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon May 24 07:44:43 PDT 2004

Nadine Latief <nadine at dinnercrew.com> writes:
>1. Storage space.
We have plenty of room in the trailer for a fan or two.

>2. Someone might steal it at night.
I would not be adverse to designating a 4x4 section of the floor to
having a few "hasp" locking points. At which point we could
"reasonably" store an electronic music box and/or the fans.

Another way to do this would be to build a wooden box that screws to
the floor from the inside, and has a hasp/lock from the outside.
(need to get past the lock to get to the screws to remove it from the
floor) (I am not going to volunteer to build this since i fell flat on the
"cart" thingy last year, and am not sure I will get to it this year
either. I'm sure i can manage acquiring and installing a couple hasps
on the floor if we need them for fans/music boxes, however.)

>3. It's too modern.
and porta johns are not? What about that water cooler?
(benefits outweigh modernness, IMO.)
I suppose we could pay a bunch of kids to wave giant "hand" fans. ;)

>4. Money (though I think people will chip in for it).
might be an issue... not sure where the budget status is this year.
We might have time to put in a request.

--
be safe.
flip