pennsicdance: Arbeau's Coranto

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Fri Feb 6 20:19:44 PST 2004

Sorry I wasn't really clear about Arbeau's Coranto -- on page 124 of the
Evans/Sutton edition, he describes:

"And when a dancer's companions perceive that he is weary, they go and
steal his damsel and dance with her themselves" (!)

As with the Alman, this is in the middle of a description of some less than
good dancers "...who have never been taught what a simple is, nor yet a
double...." But he is documenting partner stealing, even if he doesn't
condone it.

I wasn't referring to the first section of the Coranto, where on the
each other.

Hope this helps answer your question! -Lyev