pennsicdance: Pennsic A&S class list online

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Sat Jul 24 14:01:52 PDT 2004

Lyev and everyone,

I just scheduled a class at 4-6pm on Sunday the 15th, conflicting with
the Pennsic Ball Prep...  hopefully Judith won't kill me :-) This will
be a roundtable about the Santucci manuscript, a 474 page handwritten
dance manual from 1614 which was just recently published in facsimile.
In general, Santucci has aimed this manual at a lower skill level than
Caroso and Negri, so his explanations are more detailed.

At the least I'll play show-and-tell. But I think it would be a better
class if more people were involved. If you don't have access to a
copy, I can email out a summary of all of the step and dance names,
and provide images of pages. So, if you're interested in a particular
step, you can get access to Santucci's description before the class. I
can also provide transcriptions and translations.

Please check the "additions and corrections" on-site for the exact
location, and I'll try to announce it a couple of times.

-- Gregory