pennsicdance: Pennsic Ball Tentative dance list for commentary

L.J. Sparvero lyev at verizon.net
Fri Feb 13 07:40:21 PST 2004

Hi all,
	The Pennsic Ball is tentatively scheduled for the second Tuesday (Aug 17).
Here is the dance list that I've come up with, and I would like to hear
comments about it, especially from musicians. If there's a piece that's
really challenging to do, or needs a better arrangement, or just is a bad
idea, please let me know ASAP. Conversely, if there's a favorite piece of
the musicians that I've left out, I'd like to know too. There are 28 pieces
on this list (including one branle suite TBD), even though there's no
teaching at the Ball I'm tempted to trim the list by a few so as not to
wear out our noble musicians. I've tried to keep a balance of genres and
complexity in this. -Lyev

15c Italian dances: Rostiboli, Petit Riense, Gelosia, Anello, Belfiore, Lauro
16c Italian dances: Gracca Amoroso, Caccia d'Amore (pinwheel part 4),
Bizzaria d'Amore, Lo Spagnoletto, Laccio, Ballo del Fiore
16c English: Ly Bens Distonys, Black Alman, Madam Sosilia's Alman
16c French: Pavan to Belle Qui, Galliard (la fatigue), Toss the Duchess
(SCA Branle de l'Official), Horses Branle, Branle Suite
17c English: Jenny Pluck Pears, Hearts Ease, Rufty Tufty, Hyde Park,
Newcastle, New Boe Peep, Black Nag, Gathering Peasecods