pennsicdance: The Caroso Style Ball

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Mar 31 16:43:44 PST 2000

> About the exhibition idea, the idea of presenting dance as exhibition....
>
> What do people feel about it, *personally*?  Is it like "Oo, ik", or
> "nice idea someone else should do", or "gods, I have always wanted to
> do that", or "I'm not feeling up to it but like the idea", or "it's
> not period and I want nothing to do with it", or what?
>
> I don't have any sense of whether people like it or not, at all.

Well, if you read sca-dance, you see people occasionally announcing
that they did performance dancing at events other than Pennsic. For
example, I did a little bit of galliards and La Volta at a dance
collegium in Unser Hafen (Outlands) a couple of weeks ago.

And, of course, there was the discussion on sca-dance right after the
Carolingian exhibition at Pennsic 2 years ago.

-- g