pennsicdance: So, let's get this show on the road again

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Thu Mar 30 17:26:21 PST 2000

> Another topic: I'm thinking that maybe I will succumb to the
> relentless pressure to Teach Something.  I'm flat unwilling to run an
> intro-to-the-Pile "rehearsal" during afternoons; that having been
> said, do people have *other* suggestions for musician classes they
> might think would support the War Effort?

First off, why would anyone suggest intro-to-the-Pile rehearsals? It's
been tried, no one was interested. It's very important to learn from
the past. What did work were classes like "Playing Playford" and
"Playing Arbeau".

> Ideas I've come up with so far (no, I don't have time to do all or
> even most of them):

All these ideas look great, and I don't think they will fall into the
pit of unsuccess that the "Dance Band Rehearsal" idea fell into.

> My thought is that if we have gaps in the dance pavillion schedule
> which we feel we need to fill

Music classes are usually scheduled independently of the dance classes.

-- gb