pennsicdance: So, let's get this show on the road again

Kathy Van Stone kvs+ at cs.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 27 11:54:32 PST 2000

>> 1. organizing the Pennsic Pile
>>         Since they're easily accessible to me, I asked Alaric
>> MacConell and Elsbeth Anne Roth to review the music that we have used
>> for the last couple of years for "playability" - Alaric and some other
>> arrangers had expressed willingness to help create simpler
>>        arrangements of some of the music we have for the future.
>
>I want in. :) I volunteer to review the music as well -- I have a band
>at my disposal more or less :), and can actually take them thru' all
>the music.  I think I have a copy of the Pile somewhere.

I made a new arrangement of Ballo del Fiore that I am hoping is Pennsic
friendly (although I discovered that the alternate soprano line is hard to
play on a soprano).  It is essentially a standard four part with a simple
base plus an alternate base and an alternate soprano that can all be played
together (although the simple base and the alternate base have a lot of
parallelism).  Anyone want a copy?

Especially if I am *not* in charge of the heraldic artist tent I could
probably run a Pennsic dance music rehearsal.

-Elsbeth