pennsicdance: 15th C Classes

Rosina del Bosco Chiaro rosina at pathcom.com
Sun Jan 9 07:21:04 PST 2000

Hi all,

The following are what I offered for Pennsic, and the tentative schedule.

Joy and the Wayward Nun
An intensive intro to 15th C. Italian Balli. No previous experience needed.
The dances covered will probably include Rostiboli Gioioso, Colonesse,
Pizocara, Jupiter and Fiore de Vertu.

Cruel Parting and Reunion
An intensive intro to 15th C. Italian Bassadanza. No previous experience
needed. The dances covered will probably include Pazienza, Lauro, Riunione,
Partita Crudele and Coronita Gentile.

15th C Dance Workshop
This class will focus on step work, placement and dancer interaction. COME
WARMED UP. One dance may be taught, but the goal will not be learning a
choreography.  No previous 15th C dance knowledge needed, but not geared
towards beginners.

Tesara I
Tesara is a 15th C Italian performance dance. COME WARMED UP, and bring
a scarf about 8"x44" if you can. This first session is open to beginners
and all steps will be taught. The goal of the three sessions will be to
teach the dance to the level that it can be done without calling.

Tesara II
COME WARMED UP, and bring a scarf about 8"x44" if you can. This class is a
continuation of the Tesara I class, but is open to anyone who can dance
piva and saltarello in 6/8 time, or who learns footwork very fast.

Tesara III
COME WARMED UP, and bring a scarf about 8"x44" if you can. This class is a
continuation of the Tesara II class, and should only be attended by those
who have worked on this dance before.

Joy and the Wayward Nun:  Wed 9, 11-1, Barn
Cruel Parting... : Thurs 10, 11-1, Barn
15th C. Dance Workshop:  Fri 11, 11-12, Barn
Tesara I:  Fri 11, 12-1, Barn
Tesara II:  Sat 14, 3-4, Barn
Tesara III:  Sun 15, 3-4, Barn

I am not teaching the really basic balli this year - Gelosia, Anello,
Petit Vriens, Amoroso ... I'm hoping that someone else will, as they
are likely to show up on the ball ....

Rosina