pdstaff: Pennsic 41 Dance Staff Roll Call

Benjamin Pung ben at houseofpung.net
Wed Jan 25 16:30:53 PST 2012

Happy New Year, Dancers!

The year is yet young, but Summer will be here soon enough, and with it will come the inevitable War. I have spoken with some of you previously about helping out with dance activities at Pennsic 41, but it never hurts to make sure plans are still in place. I know that some of the usual suspects will not be at the war this year, so this may be a good opportunity for some new people to get involved.

Staff:

So far I have someone to handle music (Aaron Drummond), publicity (Lorita deSiena and her able assistant), and to assist me with class scheduling (Conrad). I believe Darius will be in charge of the floor again this year. I also need to have someone to help manage the tent during the day.

If there is anything else you would like to help with, or if you would like to serve as the deputy for any of these positions, please let me know. The more people we have trained to take care of our various needs, the more prepared we will be for unexpected circumstances.

Teachers:

I will be putting out a formal call for teachers once the Pennsic University registration system gets started up. Until then, be thinking of what you want to teach. We are always looking for a wide variety of classes, both in genre and complexity.

Revel Hosts:

If you have an idea for a party that you would like to host in the Dance Tent, please let me know. We have had a number of themed revels in the past, focusing on certain time periods or regions, in addition to the ever-popular Beginners' Ball and the Grand Ball. If you don't have a particular theme in mind and just want to throw a great dance party, that's good too!

I look forward to seeing all of you at Pennsic this year!

--Lorenzo Petrucci