minstrel: new Efenwealt CD

Efenwealt Wystle and Scott Vaughan wystle at ipass.net
Mon Aug 31 07:15:15 PDT 2009

Did you know I have new CD out? It's called "Trouvere". Most of it is
music from around the year 1200.  Many of the tracks have lovely,
singable translations as well as a verse or 3 in the original french or
latin.  Instrumentation includes krumhorns,  plucked psaltery, harp,
recorders, percussion, guitar, and voice. Vocals are by me and my
lovely wife Aenor d'Anjou.

This disc (and all my recordings) are available at
http://kunaki.com/msales.asp?PublisherId=119150  (at the bottom of the
page)
Downloads and listening samples  at
http://www.soundclick.com/efenwealtwystle

Track list includes:

1.  Ductia - a pretty kick-ass arrangement of this medieval
instrumental dance if I may say so myself.

2.  Cantiga de Arielle - contrafactum to the tune of one of the
Cantigas de Santa Maria (circa 1250). I wrote it many years ago in
honor of the late Duchess Arielle the Golden. It was her first time as
Atlantia's Princess and she sat through an entire day of bardic
competitions, helping to judge simply because I'd asked her to. A
portion of the proceeds from this disc are being donated to help cover
costs of her treatments before her recent departure from this earth.

3.  Ja Nus Hons Pris - This piece by Richard the Lionheart tells of his
captivity in Austria on his way back from the crusades. Translation is
by my apprentice Silence de Cherbourg

4.  Domino Fedelium - latin piece from Notre Dame circa 1200

5.  E, Dame Jolie - Spiffy new recording of this trouvere song circa
1200, translation by me.

6.  Heloise & Abelard - Spiffy new recording of this original piece by
me, based on the 12th century romance and calamities of Pierre Abelard

7.  Quant Je Voi Yver - a song by the trouvere Colin Muset circa 1200,
translation by Master Olivier deBayonne

8.  Eccola Primavera - 14th century italian spring song. Pretty cool
arrangement.

9.  Another Cantiga	- instrumental version of this 13th century piece

10.  Por Mon Cuer - a trouvere song circa 1200 translated by me.

11.  En ma Dame -  spiffy new recording of this trouvere song circa
1200 translated by me.

12.  Nocturne for Good Friday - lyrics by Pierre Ableard (circa 1100),
translated by Helen Waddell, set to music by me.

13.  Sic Mea Fata- a goliard piece from the Carmina Burana, sung to the
original tune (NOT Carl Orff), translation by me.

Hope you like. It's good fodder for performing arts competitions,
playing at demos or events, or bringing something "authentic yet
entertaining" to a bardic circle near you.

-Master Efenwealt Wystle
http://camelot-treasures.com

PS - if you're looking for a great CD duplicator, I highly recommend
Kunaki.com - not only do they have exceptionally low prices, but they
also have no minimum orders, no set up fees, and will even handle
online sales for you for a very small commission.