minstrel: This is going to be fun, right?

magana101 at yahoo.com magana101 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 5 03:02:20 PDT 2009

Greetings my Brothers and Sisters,

I posted yesterday about how happy I was to find a connection to the performing arts that might be of assistance to me in my 'new found' world.  Now I am not so sure.

Goodness, how quick to flame so many are.  I am very surprised, taken aback and in all honesty, very disappointed.  This is going to be fun isn't it?

As I pointed out, my interests are in Theater and the Church.  I have received with only one exception, thank you brother Cedric the Minstrel for your information and support, only reasons why I 'can't, shouldn't, wouldn't, be period.

I caution one and all ( just as I do in our Church today) please remember that not all Clerics and all Parishes have ever, at any time agreed  completely and on all issues with the Mother Church on all issues.  The Reformation and the Inquisition started within the Church itself.

There are and always have been differences in what people (even clerics) believe and how they practice.  The middle-ages spanned a great deal of time, is it possible that this Brother goes against the grain?

Please brothers and sisters, I am seeking refuge from the mundane world, not the pressures that I live with within it.  This is going to be fun isn't is?

Mario L. Magana
 If we wish to make any progress in the service of God we must begin every day of our life with new eagerness. We must keep ourselves in the presence of God as much as possible and have no other view or end in all our actions but the divine honor.

- St. Charles Borromeo