minstrel: Ich am of Irlonde

Fionnghuala children_of_lir at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 12:03:04 PDT 2008

Thanks to all who gave input on this issue.  Shortly after hitting "send", I decided to bang out an improvised version:  serviceable enough to do the job, original enough to not infringe anyone's copyright.

However.  Doing this sort of thing with a short piece is easy compared to, say, something longer like "Alysoun".   Or the intro to "Sir Orfeo" (both of which I'd like to cover by year's-end.)

Any tips for fellow musicians of this genre, who are prone to composer's block?  Teleri has a few instructional handouts on the subject that are worthy of perusal, but I'm always happy to collect more.

~Fionnghuala

NUTHATCH RECORDINGS
http://nuthatchrecordings.com