minstrel: lute/guitar

hugh ryan saporling2 at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 07:32:07 PDT 2008

just found that my emails from minstrel were being dumped into my spam box.  wow, lot's of response on that question.  i do know my share about period instruments-but i have never had the chance to play a lute & get a sense of what it can do.  actually, my question was quite simple-i was just wondering about the volume, how loud can it reasonably get even though it is a 'quiet' instrument.  i am not so concerned about being historically correct in every respect, i simply love the instruments & period music.  i have enjoyed reading this discussion, glad i checked my spam box before i killed it.  hugh