minstrel: minstrel Digest, Vol 31, Issue 3

crystal verdon roseofamber at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 15 21:21:38 PDT 2008

Oh, yes! The Beowulf performance was what got me thinking about it. I am an actor by trade and want to incorporate more bardic arts in my SCA play. I have told some stories at bardic events, but would very much like to add some simple music into my storytelling. I am not a skilled musician, but the few times I've had the opportunity to play with a harp, it felt very natural. So, I am leaning toward a lyre. Does anyone know where one can find a simple and inexpensive lyre on which to learn? Also, sources for music? I have found the site about how to make one, but I am not ready for that yet...
Thank you for your advice!
Roismaire