minstrel: scheitholz

Stephen Fryer sjfryer at telus.net
Tue Apr 15 21:10:34 PDT 2008

Greg Lindahl wrote:

> The lyre and the psaltry might also be options for you. What kind of
> music did you have in mind to play? If you're open as to what
> instrument to get, you might want to get something that matches the
> music you're playing.

A lyre would be very appropriate to northern Europe till at least the
12th century.  Easy to both make and play.  You can see some information
and instruments by a friend of mine at
http://www3.telus.net/public/stingle/aleyn/ ; click on the link for
lyres.  There's a video somewhere on Youtube on how to play one.

In Service to the Music and the Dream
Stephen of Hunmanby OL

The more answers I find, the more questions I have