minstrel: scheitholz

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Apr 14 14:35:53 PDT 2008

On Mon, Apr 14, 2008 at 02:06:33PM -0700, crystal verdon wrote:

> I tried googling "scheitholz" and got a bunch of sites in Swedish and such.

The scheitholt has been discussed a couple of times on this list. You can look in
the archives by going to

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/minstrel.html

And putting scheitholt in the search box. You should get back 8
postings (and there's 1 for scheitholz).

> This is an interesting topic of conversation, because I have been
> wanting to find a dulcimer or harp type strummed instrument to play in
> the SCA.

The lyre and the psaltry might also be options for you. What kind of
music did you have in mind to play? If you're open as to what
instrument to get, you might want to get something that matches the
music you're playing.

Have you seen the Bagby Beowulf performance? It's out on DVD, and
available on NetFlix. Great stuff.

-- Gregory