minstrel: Faking a Baroque Guitar

Tadhg O Cuileannain tadhg at flash.net
Wed Jun 28 19:10:27 PDT 2006

Jay--

Sounds like a fun project.  It would be great to see a
picture of it, though I guess you can't post it to the
list (maybe Greg could put it on the minstrel web
site?)

I did something similar a few years ago, using a
child-size classical guitar.  I just did four double
courses, more of a Renaissance guitar than baroque.
And I used friction pegs.  It worked pretty well,
though I'm currently in the process of redoing the
bridge to make it more authentic (no saddle).

Tadhg

--- Jay Freeman <Jay.Freeman at sun.com> wrote:

> In late 2005, I made some postings to the "minstrel"
> mailing list
> enquiring about Baroque guitars.  The response led
> to an amateur
> lutherie project.  I thought you might like to hear
> about it ...
>
>                                              --  Jay
> Freeman

Tadhg O Cuilleannain of One Thousand Eyes
Tim Connor of Idaho Falls, Idaho

Gules, a harp, and in chief three doves volant, argent