minstrel: Re: harp case

David Parish-Whittaker davidparishwhittaker at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 4 14:48:30 PST 2005

I remember a 16th century account of an Irish harpist who sat on his case,
described as a leather harp bag, for his performance.  Sorry, but I can't
remember the exact reference.

Personally, the carrying case is the one thing that I go modern on
(ballistic nylon).  Darn thing's too expensive to risk.  I imagine a
professionally made leather harp case would be fine, but I don't trust my
skills enough to make a historically accurate, yet safe, case.  I wrap my
case up in woolen blankets for period encampment purposes.