minstrel: Corvus Corax shows - anyone here attending?

Dancing Ferret mail at dancing-ferret.com
Mon Oct 10 12:38:15 PDT 2005

Hello,

I'm new to the list, although I remember pbm.com from my days of
Play-By-Mail gaming. Nice to see it's still around.  I get the sense that
some of you are probably fans of current-era performances of medieval
music.  I'll be attending all four of the upcoming Corvus Corax concerts in
the US - is anyone else from the list planning to attend?

Corvus Corax is a German band who performs with handmade, historically
researched instruments.  They play medieval songs, some instrumental, some
with Latin lyrics, and have been doing so for over fifteen years.  They
bring a very high-energy, aggressive and enthusiastic attitude to their
concerts, which has earned them the nickname of "The Rolling Stones of
medieval music."  Their most recent album, a medieval interpretation of
Carmina Burana, went to #15 on the German album charts.  The album, "Cantus
Buranus," was supported by a live show at a Berlin opera house where over
150 musicians joined Corvus Corax on stage.  Photos, videos and info on
that show can be found at http://www.cantus-buranus.de  (check the
multimedia section)

The band is being flown in from Germany for their first-ever US concerts in
just a few days.  The 8-man ensemble will perform at the Pennsylvania
Renaissance Faire on October 15, 16, 22 and 23, several times throughout
each day.  More information on their show times can be found at
http://www.parenfaire.com

If you're curious about the band, a few full streaming songs can be found
on their new MySpace Music page at http://www.myspace.com/spielleute

The band's web site is in German but isn't too hard to navigate. It's at
http://www.corvuscorax.de/

Best,
[Patrick]