minstrel: Pastime with Good Company follow up

warden warden_2 at comcast.net
Fri Jun 17 13:55:05 PDT 2005

Thanks to everyone who responded to this!

My basic question was if I was reading the music wrong or if others have
taken creative license with the original music.  The concept of having a
floting staff is new to me and reading this music is a little difficult.

I found a few more files of this song on the web and they all have a
sharp on the 15th or 17th note. (4th measure)

http://www.cpmusic.com/tradgif/pastime.gif
http://www.arach.net.au/~algernon/pastime/pastime.mid
http://members.fortunecity.com/flatpickin/henry8.mid
http://www.pureambient.com/midi/pastime.mid

I couldn't see where the original had a sharp there.  A few of you
agreed that there is no sharp in the original.

I took the time to write out the original (both parts) in Noteworthy
Composer and it does have a different "feel" to the music.  Not better
or worse, just different.

Have a great weekend!
-Bob