minstrel: Looking for the person who wrote Bright Silver Bands

Lisa and Ken Theriot Lnktheriot at satx.rr.com
Tue Apr 26 10:19:46 PDT 2005

Kristen wrote:

[Some time back when I first got into singing this music, I came across
the lyrics for Bright Silver Bands.]

Which is, of course, a filk to "Black Velvet Band".

[I'm looking for the person that wrote the lyrics to ask permission to
perform it.

Might anyone know who did it?]

Ioseph, in the "Black Book of Locksley", credits it to Thorsen Danske,
who was a fairly prolific filker in Caid in the 80s.  Whether he still
plays I know not, but you might check with Sir Charles or Master Thoron
(CofDublin at aol.com and thoronr at aol.com ) who keep track of things bardic
in Caid.

Adelaide