minstrel: Medieval music for Mandolin

Joan Hall joan_the_harpist1119 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 25 09:38:51 PST 2005

Don't know of any medieval mandolin players in my area (SF Bay Area) YET, but am forwarding you message to my friend Shannon who recently bought a mandolin.

Joan the Harper

warden <warden_2 at comcast.net> wrote:
I bought "Medieval Music for Mandolin" by Allan Alexander a while ago
and highly recommend it. The pieces are fairly easy and certainly
appropriate for SCA events.

I started out on my sunburst bluegrass mando, which was shockingly
non-period! I then bought a beat-up natural A-style mando that is a
little easier on the eyes.

So, are there any other medieval mandolin players out there? Would love
to share tunes and history.

-Robert Warden
Caer Galen in the Outlands
(Boulder, CO)