minstrel: Wah! Composer's block!

Frederick Joseph Ross fjr6b at galileo.phys.virginia.edu
Mon Jul 19 08:22:38 PDT 2004

I'm sorry, I'm drawing a distinction that may not be clear.  For me
"melody" refers to some instance of melodic material, subject to mutation,
imitation, inversion, and all the rest.  If by "melody" others here mean
the whole sonic structure of the piece, then I agree it does fall under
the purview of copyright.

--
Fred Ross
High Energy Physics Laboratory