minstrel: Re: Emma's introduction

Chris Mortika cmortika at rocky.itasca.net
Sat May 22 12:21:03 PDT 2004

> Greetings, I am new to the SCA, (just mailed my
> check), and even newer to the mandolin (waiting on
> mine to arrive from the warehouse). Always have loved
> music, and played a little guitar years ago so wish me
> luck.

Good luck.

If I may suggest a good book to start with, see if you can find _Early
Music for Recorder_ by Robin De Smet.  ( www.musicsales.com  ISBN
0-7119-0499-5 )

The back cover blurb: "This outstanding collection of recorder solos spans
the years from the 10th to the 16th Centuries.  It contains forty-seven
famous airs and dances."  More to the pint, De Smet arranged almost all of
them with guitar chords.

> I hail from the Kingdom of Calontir, shire of
> IvoryKeep.

Remind me; where is that?

--Christian d'Hiver
  Barony of Nordskogen (Minneapolis / St. Paul)