minstrel: Music lessons...

M. J. lawteller at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 9 17:05:55 PST 2004

Considering I do not know where the shire of Rokeclif is, I am sure I too,
am too far away to offer my services (though I do give gratis workshops at
whatever wars I am at, like Lilies). I too am a voice teacher that is
worried about your throat pain. A suggestion I can offer is: relax. I
know: easier to say, harder to do. But Your discomfort might come from the
over-exertion of tense muscles because you are trying too hard. Let the
throat relax, especially when you are hittng the ends of your register.
Doing that will help ease tension and should ease your discomfort. Please
let me know how that helps. Also: DRINK! (though I shouldn't have to say
that on 'this' list heaven knows... ;) Keep your throat cool and hydrated.
Don't drink alot of milky stuff or soda that will coat your throat or dry
it out. Lemonade works wonders for me, as it keeps me hydrated, the sugar
helps me maintain engery, and the citric acid removes excess phlem. Hope
that helps.

Corwyn
Calontir