minstrel: Re: minstrel digest, Vol 1 #14 - 2 msgs

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Mon Dec 17 12:42:07 PST 2001

On Mon, Dec 17, 2001 at 02:06:15PM -0600, Brown, Charley W. wrote:

> I got one for ya. I have a friend who is interested in the sca but is
> wanting to know if a regular acustic guitar is period. Told him I would ask.
> Any and all replies greatly appreciated.

Like most instruments, the answer is "yes and no".

There's a good article about guitar-like things in period at:

http://www.malaspina.com/harp/guitar/

and an article about 16th century guitar music at:

http://www.library.appstate.edu/music/lute/

It's not just a question of the instrument, it's what you play on the
instrument, and of course it's always your personal choice as to what
level of authenticity you're striving for.

Gregory Blount