minstrel: Beginning harp books

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Wed Dec 5 22:08:22 PST 2001

On Sun, Dec 02, 2001 at 02:07:37PM -0500, Janet Parish-Whittaker wrote:

> Pretty sure the earliest is pg 35 in the Ap Huw (I know Holly knows this,
> I'm just elaborating).  Dictates a nail and damp technique-  some of the
> ornaments seem fairly contorted, but ergonomically work VERY well.

David,

Can you recommend a particular article with a translation of the
technique section?

The facsimile is online at http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/ap_huw/, and
Taylor's "Two Worlds of the Welsh Harp" CD is a fine recording, but if
someone wanted to learn the technique without having to puzzle out the
facsimile, where can they start?

I've got a big list of articles, but...

Gregory Blount