minstrel: Introduction time

Jennifer Doherty bardofbh at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 4 21:04:22 PST 2001

Greetings all!

Thought I'd de-lurk for a moment and say "hello".  I too am a Bard from
Bright Hills.  I was once baronial bard and remain household bard to their
founding Excellencies Baron Heinrich & Baronness Barbara.  Once upon a time
I was very active, however real life, as always, intervened.  And before I
knew it, I was madly in love, married and we now have a beautiful baby girl!
  Needless to say, we haven't been active in a while.  We mostly attend
local/baronial events, brewers guild and the occasional fighters practice.

Although I have tried to add some period songs to my repetoire, I have
mainly specialized in music written for and by SCA performers.  I am a
singer, although I have at times thought of learning harp.  I have written
some songs, one of which appeared on the "Fair Lady Atlantia" tape that was
sold by the Kingdom several years ago, and borrowed quite a few.  Someday
(in my copius free time) I'll be able to write and play all the songs that
run through my mind.  Ah well...

Back to the wood work go I!  Cheers,

Anna MacKenzie
Barony of the Bright Hills