minstrel: Delurking/another harp player/workshops

Tibicen tibicen at mixolydian.org
Tue Dec 4 09:50:33 PST 2001

Caitlin de Courcy writes:
> As a final point I thought it might be interesting to discuss some of the
> early music courses available (around the world) as I've been to a few in
> Europe that were excellent, and would like to hear recommendations. My top
> recommendation would be the troubadour music course run by Joel Cohen &
> Anne Azema in Provence: a week of intensive coaching on the language,
> singing and accompaniment to troubadour music, in a beautiful French
> mountain-top village. See http://members.aol.com/Boscam/lestage.htm

AHHHH!  You've done Lo Gai Saber workshop?  *envy* *envy* *envy*

What was it like, huh, huh, huh?  Tell us all about it!  I was under
the initial impression it was very expensive to attend, but I have
recently heard otherwise, so I am thinking again.  I have no French
(indeed, have no interest in learning Modern French and am trying to
learn Old Occitan without it, which is quite an adventure); how much
French must one have to benefit from the workshop?

-- Tibicen,
   who has seen the show, has the CD and wants to collect the whole set...