minstrel: Strings for a Lyre.

Lisa and Ken Theriot lnktheriot at home.com
Sat Dec 1 11:57:04 PST 2001

Frideger wrote:

[I've a question on where to get more realistically medieval strings for my
lyre??]

Two moves ago (my husband is military), the movers packed a small lap
psaltery in a box with caustics (which they shouldn't have packed at all,
let alone in a box with something that could be damaged by the fumes).  The
strings (wire) came out rusted beyond repair.  After several failed
attempts to replace the strings with stringed instrument strings, my
husband went to a piano store, and they worked with him to match piano wire
the thickness of the damaged strings.  Worked like a charm.

Adelaide