minstrel: Strings for a Lyre.

Frideger at aol.com Frideger at aol.com
Sat Dec 1 09:56:26 PST 2001

Greetings,
     I've a question on where to get more realistically medieval strings for
my lyre??

     I've not had any success here in Colorado Springs, and being a stringed
instrument novice I don't even know where to begin.  The guitar store here
thinks I'm insane, and trying to get "violin/viola" strings won't work
because they come in sets of 4 and my instrument is a six stringed one.

     So any help would be greatly appreciated, I love the sound that wire,
brass-wound nylon, or nylon-tube (?) strings make, but I'd prefer to look
more authentic for my strings, as brass wire and black plastic just don't
give me the feel right happiness I desire.

Frideger