minstrel: Introduction time

Greg Lindahl lindahl at pbm.com
Fri Nov 30 14:00:13 PST 2001

> I have actually been spending some time lately doing some free research on
> the role of entertainers in Medieval and Renaissance society.  I recently ran
> across a book by William Tydeman titled _The Theatre in the Middle Ages_
> which has a wonderful chapter called "The Performers."  This chapter gives
> some very interesting information about entertainers ("histriones") in
> period, and it provides citations from period sources and writings on
> performers, performances, etc.  If you're interested in this sort of thing, I
> recommend you take a look at this book.

Sancha,

Allow me to plug a community project we've had going for a while, an
annotated bibliography of books. This sounds like a good example of an
entry that would be very welcome in the bibliography... I'd never know
that chapter was there from looking at the title of the book.

You can view the existing entries at:

http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/articles/music_bibliography.html

And if you'll write up a more complete entry, I'd love to add it!

Gregory Blount