minstrel: Introduction time

Joan Garner joan_the_harpist1119 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 29 19:42:29 PST 2001

Greetings to all - I guess it's time for me to join
the orgy of de-lurking!

I'm Joan, singer & Celtic harper.  I'm too new to the
SCA to even have an SCA name -- haven't thought one up
yet.  Oddly, my singing & my harping have sort of
taken off in opposite directions - I rarely do them
together -- not sure why.  I live in the San Francisco
area (Vallejo, to be exact) and I sing with a
Gregorian chant/"Really Early Polyphony" ensemble.  My
harping is just done at church, weddings, etc. on a
very limited basis.  Right now I should be practicing
my harp arrangement of a Praetorius Courante instead
of typing this!!

Glad to see some action on this list.

Joan Hall
"A piano is just a harp in a coffin."