minstrel: Introduction time

Brett W. McCoy bmccoy at chapelperilous.net
Thu Nov 29 18:16:09 PST 2001

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, Eliza and Zoe wrote:

> My name is Elizabeth and I live in Australia.  I recently bought a celtic
> harp.  Other then that I really don't know what to say except "hello" :)

As long as we're doing intros, I'll do one also.  I don't recall if this
is an SCA only list or just a general list for medieval music and
performance.  But anyway, my name in the SCA is Istvan Dragosani,
mundanely Brett McCoy.  I am, like Greg, a long-haired Unix hacker by
trade.  I play guitar, and also play and teach Middle Eastern drumming.
I also compose music, and am slowly putting together a personal recording
studio to fully explore some of my musical ideas.

My interest in music is primarly in medieval ensemble music.  I am
especially interested in lute and oud, althoguh I cannot play either at
this time.  As I said, I also play middle eastern drumming styles, but
prefer to play it with a proper ensemble of only a couple of drummers and
several melodic intruments, rather than a huge 20 person drum jam. I'm
also starting to become interested in storytelling, and am slowly building
up a repertoire, but now need the experience...

Oh yeah, I live in Maryland; in the SCA, the Shire of Roxbury Mill in the
Kingdom of Atlantia.

-- Istvan
                                          http://www.chapelperilous.net/