minstrel: Entertaining blood donors

Teleri Barod sca_bard at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 07:49:24 PDT 2001

A local Scadian came up with the fabulous idea of
entertainers heading over to the local Red Cross
centers and amusing the folks who are waiting 3-12
hours to give blood.  A friend and I went with 3
gallons of water, paper cups, and a harp.  Folks
gratefully drank 1/2 the water, and both donors and
staff said how much the music was appreciated.

But learn "America the Beautiful" and "God Bless
America" before you go.  I also had requests for
"Amazing Grace", "Battle Hymn of the Republic" and
even "Yankee Doodle."  "This Land is Your Land" ended
up in a short sing-along.

In service,
Teleri