minstrel: latin guitar

Przemys³aw Pi³aciñski dodiabla at draconia.it.pl
Fri Jun 29 07:29:23 PDT 2001

Hello everybody

It's been a while, since I wrote anything. I'm buying myself a latin
guitar in July (it's already ordered, and I'm waiting for it to be
finished) and I'm looking for information about this instrument. I know,
that it has been mentioned by Juan Ruiz and Gil of Zamora, but I didn't
have the opportunity to see those fragments. Of course every other trail
is welcome. But I'm most interested in iconography. I've already seen
the ilustrations from the cantigas de Santa Maria. Does anybody have
them in colour? Or does anybody know of some other pictures of this
instrument?

thanks in advance

Przemek Piłaciński
The Principality of Northern Draconia
(but this propably doesn't tell you much ]:)