minstrel: Re: EK: Slightly OT: Harp Festival in Somerset, NJ

tibicen at mixolydian.org tibicen at mixolydian.org
Thu Jun 21 14:16:04 PDT 2001

> Those of you who live on the East Coast & who have any interest in the harp
> whatsoever may be interested to know that a large Harp Festival is planned
> for July 19th - 22nd in Somerset, NJ.  Somerset is within relatively easy
> driving distance of NYC, Boston, & Philly.

At this festival will be a workshop on Medieval and Renaissance Music
on the Harp, taught by Nancy Hurrell, who was the harpist who played
with Renaissonics at the Knowne World Ball (KWDSIII, Carolingia).

I've played with her, and she's a real gem: sweet, knowledgable,
talented, and recently fallen completely in love with historical
music.  I regret I will not be able to attend her class, and I commend
her highly to you!

http://www.harpsomerset.com/

-- Tibicen

P.S. She gave me some pamphlets with reg forms; Carolingian locals who
want 'em should let me know.