minstrel: Slightly OT: Harp Festival in Somerset, NJ

C&HWood linette at epix.net
Tue Jun 19 14:27:17 PDT 2001

Greetings from Linette de Gallardon!

Those of you who live on the East Coast & who have any interest in the harp
whatsoever may be interested to know that a large Harp Festival is planned
for July 19th - 22nd in Somerset, NJ.  Somerset is within relatively easy
driving distance of NYC, Boston, & Philly.

Entry to the large exhibit hall with many harpmakers, free lunchtime
concerts, and "I've always wanted to play the harp" workshops is only $10 a
day.  There will also be daily classes on building your own harp from a
kit.  In addition, there are many many classes planned by some of the
biggest names in folk harping today, and concerts by some of the
same.  Cost to attend classes & concerts is $100 a day or $250 for the
entire festival.

More complete information can be found at http://www.harpsomerset.com/.  I
encourage anyone who's interested to check the website out - and tell me if
you plan to attend - maybe we Scadians can meet up!

Linette

P.S.  I have no affiliation with the folk running the Festival, I'm just
excited to see something empahizing the folk harp out on the East coast for
a change!