minstrel: Medieval/Renaissance harp plans?

Janneke den Draak j.dendraak at planet.nl
Tue May 1 11:07:39 PDT 2001

Hi All,

Please let me introduce myself since I haven't posted on this list before,
though I have been lurking for a while.

My name is Janneke, I'm from the Netherlands. Recently I completed making my
own harp, a 26 string folk harp. I'd like to start working on a period harp
now, but I'm looking for plans/drawings etc. to work from. Does anyone of
you have such a plan or a place where they can be purchased? I'm aware of
the fact that there are several museums that have plans on microfiche, so
that hint is already under consideration.
I'd prefer on something that goes with someones experience that the harp
will turn out nicely and is of sound construction. There can be hundreds of
pounds of tension on a harp and a construction error can have spectacular
results.

Hopefully one/some of you can point me in the right direction. So far, on
the web, I've seen period-type harps for sale, but no plans.

Thanks in advance for any helpful hints.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
Janneke van Suylen
(who saw ducklings for the first time this year, spring has really set in
now)